Working Out At Home
Updated: Mar 13, 2021
Due to Covid-19, millions of people around the world are working from home. It is important now more than ever to stay active. Taking breaks through out the day to move will energize your family and help them focus better when they are learning and working. We all need a break from our screens. Encouraging your family to move can be daunting tasks so here are 6 ideas that will help you get your family moving!
1. Exercise Dice Game: This exercise dice game is a fun way to get kids
and adults moving. You can purchase these “Workout Dice” on line. You
roll 2 dice. One dice tells you what to do and the other will tell you how
long or how many repetitions to perform. For example do jumping jacks
for 30 seconds or do 10 squats.
2. Family hikes and bike rides: Weekends are a great time to connect with
your family so why not get some exercise while doing it! Download the
AllTrails app. This app will give you recommendations in your area for
family appropriate hikes and bike trails.
3. Log on to Indoor Recess at https://family.gonoodle.com/channels/indoor-recess.
These fun workouts are great for kids and are about 10-15
minutes long. You can do the workouts with them or give yourself break!
4. Deck of Card Game: Grab a deck of playing cards. Take out all the face
cards, including the aces. Shuffle the cards. Then take turns drawing the
cards. Each card represents an exercise and repetitions: Hearts =
jumping jacks, Diamonds = push-ups, Spades = squats, Clubs = burpees:
Jacks = 11 reps, Queens = 12 reps, Kings = 13 reps, Aces = 14 reps. For
example, if you draw the Queen of Diamonds, you are doing 12 push-ups.
5. Log on to House Party at https://family.gonoodle.com/channels/gonoodle-house-party These fun workouts are about 15-20 minutes long. Another
great website to move with your kids or give yourself a well-deserved
6. Every week, at The Gym, there are virtual group fitness classes that
you can take with or without your family. Download The GYM MA app and
check out the variety of classes you can do in your own living room!
Author: Michelle Ragain,
ACE Certified Personal Trainer, AFAA Group Fitness Instructor
Personal Trainer @ The Gym Milford